There was a time when people seemed to care more about makeup than skincare. Now, more people are realising the importance of having a proper skincare routine for healthy, glowing skin. In fact, the sales growth of skincare products from January 2018 to March 2018 alone shows a 15 per cent increase in sales of toner, 12 per cent in serums and 10 per cent in anti-ageing skincare and moisturizers.
Skincare should not only be for the face, though. Often neglected because of the hair that covers it, the scalp also needs some attention. Proper scalp care may just be the solution to itchiness and flakes. It may also resolve various hair concerns, such as oiliness and dryness.
If you want strong and vibrant hair, perhaps now is the time to pay attention to scalp care. Take note of advanced skincare ingredients in your hair products including collagen and hyaluronic acid which, according to Kerluxe, produce professional visible results for beautiful and weightless hair.
But what exactly do collagen and hyaluronic acid do for the scalp and hair?
Collagen Promotes the Growth of Luscious Locks
Collagen, which is the most abundant protein in the body, promotes skin elasticity. Natural collagen production slows down with age as well as with exposure to UV radiation and environmental stressors. For this reason, the protein is an active ingredient in many skincare products and treatments that promise plump, smooth and radiant skin for longer.
The protein also does wonders for the scalp and hair:
- Collagen acts as a natural antioxidant that prevents free radicals from damaging the hair follicles and causing hair loss. It promotes hair regeneration.
- The natural slowdown of collagen production may slow down hair growth. As such, collagen-infused hair products promote hair growth.
- Hair follicle cells use collagen and other amino acids to produce keratin — another type of natural protein that promotes hair elasticity.
Also, combined with other components like hyaluronic acid, collagen moisturises the scalp and hair.
Hyaluronic Acid Improved Hair Fullness and Softness
Hyaluronic acid is a carbohydrate molecule that acts as the body’s natural skin and hair lubricant. It is basically like a sponge that attracts and retains moisture, preventing dryness and dehydration. Similar to collagen, its natural production slows down with age. So, more people are adding hyaluronic-acid infused products to their skincare regimen for hydration and anti-ageing benefits.
You may also add hyaluronic-acid infused hair products for a fuller, softer mane:
- Hair follicles naturally contain hyaluronic acid. A boost of the natural substance could increase the diameter of each hair strand, resulting in greater volume.
- Because of its moisturising ability, hyaluronic acid is a lot like fertiliser. It increases hair growth while making sure the hair is healthy and moisturised.
- Hyaluronic acid moisturises the scalp and prevents hair follicles from prematurely falling out. It, then, prevents premature thinning and hair loss.
Collagen and hyaluronic acid are advanced skincare ingredients that contribute to visibly healthier and more beautiful hair. The use of hair products that include these ingredients will make your scalp care routine worthwhile. So, level up your scalp and hair care routine along with your skincare regimen.